Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook/Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

Rumors of a 10" PB out... Why not fix the current 7" model first?!

Was cleaning my PB screen today and noticed a cluster of swipes on the top right hand corner of the screen.

Then, I realized that it was from a recently acquired habit of checking for OS updates after every startup and before putting my PB on standby.

Desperately seeking an OS update...
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Rumors of a 10" PB out... Why not fix the current 7" model first?!

did you have a question?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Sigh.

I feel ripped off.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Patience is a virtue...but not if you're a consumer!

I find myself checking for an update, but why not spend the time looking for good apps instead?

RIM will post an update. Since it's later than scheduled (this is what happens when you make a promise on stage) I hope they update the keyboard, add spell check correction. I hope the word correction pops up big too..so the big chubby fingers won't hit the wrong spot.

I hope the 10" rumor is not true. It's a marketing mistake to talk about new models when the 7" sales have not yet ramped up. The big selling point is the 7" size and weight. Why usurp your own sales? The message for 10" refresh basically says the existing model is not that great.

The product is good. It's greatness comes from RAPIDLY ramping up app world, developing native apps, partnering with big companies (netflix, skype, etc) to ensure apps are built for the playbook.
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Your point?? the update will come at some point but dont keep checking for one when there is on th PB will tell you. I have not read about 10" one but I think what it is now 7" is a good size.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please give me Kudos if you feel like I helped you

Thank you
cuse165
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

The bad thing about combining 7" and 16:9 is screen size.

For an entertainment tablet 16:9 may make sense, but for business and especially 7", from my experience with the PB so far, a 4:3 screen will make a better 7" tablet.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really don'tunderstand what your saying. I love the size of the PB I really do I like how it is wider then taller(maybe thats what your saying). I think RIM has done good the only bad thing is no email app not a lot of apps and software bugs. I hope at some point all of that will be fixed.

Also with the use of flash with the internet I really don"t find a need for apps anymore.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you
cuse165
New Developer

ericuse165 wrote:
I really don,t understand what your saying. I love the size of the PB I really do I like how it is wide then taller(maybe thats what your saying). I think RIM has done good the only bad thing is no email app not a lot of apps and software bugs. I hope at some point all of that will be fixed.

A 7" screen measures its diagonal.  If you take a look at two 7" screen, one is 16:9 and the other 4:3, you'll find that the area of the 4:3 screen is actually bigger.  That's what I mean, more screen area without making a 10" model.

Super Contributor

Thank you I understand now. I like the wider(16.9) better you dont?

Thank you
cuse165
New Developer

But since the topic is 10".  Would you think it would be convenient to have a 16:9 10" tablet instead of a 4:3 10" tablet?

4:3 has its advantage because it leaves the least amount of "letterbox" space when displaying a US Letter size (1.29:1) and A4 size (1.41:1), since it's somewhere in-between.

16:9 (1.78:1) scaled up to a 10" screen is WAAAAAY out of proportion for business use.