Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: Screen sensitivity loss

TroyTempest wrote:

Whoah!  It started all friendly then this happened. Chill out mate.

In that article that both of us referred to, myself indirectly, you directly,  there is the paragraph...

"Once the security wipe has been completed, the initial setup will need to be completed before the BlackBerry Playbook can be used. For more information on completing the initial setup on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, please see KB26228."

Take a look at that linked article.  It installs a mandatory update.

so yes the WIPE does not install the OS but the subsequent mandatory setup does.  Otherwise it would be an empty shell like it left the factory.  The only way a Playbook would not reinstall the OS is if the factory supplied OS and the latest OS were the same version.

Like I say in my opinion it's a semantic argument to say that a wipe does not re install the OS.  

We don't agree, but please lets keep it pleasant.

I was pleasant until you started to insinuate that people were misleading the forum. And I still am being pleasant but I'm going to tell you about it - like it or not.

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

I see, you thought I meant you!  read my earlier post again.  

________
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

I think I did rush to judegment and I apologize Troy. Please accept my apology.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Not needed, but thanks. 

________