Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: Telus Mobility
Accepted Solution

Screen won't respond

I have had my playbook for just over 6 months now. Haven't had any problems till now. My screen will not respond. The playbook starts no problem, the battery is full and when it loads up it notifies me of emails received etc. But the screen will not respond at all. There are no scratches on the screen, and it is clean. I have always kept it in a carrying case and it has never been dropped. I always completely shut it down when it is not being used. I have tried the three button reboot but it still won't respond. Any suggestions or do I have to call support?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Screen won't respond

Call Support. Backup all your data to a computer because if you send it in, they will wipe it.
Rim Support
Tel:
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support in Canada:
http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
Phone : 800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: SKY

Sounds very similar to the issue I'm having, are you able to get your virtual keyboard to show- I've also had mine about 6 months.
New Contributor

No i can't even get the keyboard up. It is like I can watch my screen function but  I can't do anything. My email notifications come in and i can see I have emails. But the screen will not respond in any way. It worked perfectly until now.

I will call support and see what happens.

New Contributor

Thank you for your help.  I called support and they said it needs to be sent for repair. So they are sending me box. The support desk is very friendly and helpful! It was nice.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tablet 16g
My Carrier: at&t

I too have had my BB Tablet for about 6 months. My problem...I had plugged it in to recharge and left it recharging a few hours too long, maybe 5 or 6. Now when I press the on button I only get the red light flashing and it won't turn on=( Help! I never dropped it and have it in a hard leather case and I too am vigilant about keeping the screen clean. Could it be these things have a shelf life of 6 months? Is that why they were so cheap around Christmas? I'm angry!!! GRRrrr

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Try the three button reset. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot which will be about 4 minutes.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tablet 16g
My Carrier: at&t

Thanks Lost...will give it a try=)