Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

Sheet To Go - Entering data problem (bug?)

I think this is a bug in the progam! When I'm entering data into a spreadsheet, I am usually going from one cell to another in another part of the screen. I can't press enter, but like to just tap on the next cell to enter the data needed. I've noticed with this upgrade, that when I tap on the cell (it might just be two over from the one I was in), some or all of the data from the cell I was just in, is still in the text bar, so I need to delete it all out first, before I can enter the correct data for that cell. This is quite annoying. I'm hoping someone from RIM will see this, and look into this, please! Thank you!!

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: none

Re: Sheet To Go - Entering data problem (bug?)

[ Edited ]

Easy way to get around for me: just press the enter key when finishing entering value for a cell and then tap the cell I want to go

voila, no ghost text.

on the PC I would have click tab key twice for going right two cells

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

I did find out that you need to do that, thank you! My problem is, that I was able to just tap on another cell before the OS 2.0 upgrade and there wasn't any ghost text. They did something to the program when they upgraded it, so I again am hoping someone sees this and looks into it, at RIM. Thank you for your post though!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

I thought the old version had the same bug? Worse bug is you can't make cols wider which is useless. Have to share to Pc, widen, then back again!
My Device: playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

On mine, I had to select the column and widen it with my finger like the mouse in PC.

That part is not much trouble to me. I guess the PB's sheet-to-go uses finger tab on the column heading instead of a click on the column header border

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Thanks very much. easy when you know how!