Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: TMN

Sheets 2 Go issue with predictive texting

[ Edited ]

Installed the update yesterday and I'm sad not much changed...

This thread is on an issue that was released with the previous OS2 version. I have previously emailed the bug to DataViz but guess this is out of their hands (they say in the website the PB port of Docs to Go was done by RIM... DataViz is owned by RIM... go figure).

The dealbreaker issue for my is #1 for it makes using Sheets to Go slower (one can argue I could disable / reenable predictive texting according to the app I usebut that is a pain):

1- With predictive text enabled in the Playbook, write in an empty cell (don't press a suggested word or hide keyboard) and select another cell:
a) If the second cell was empty the last typed word is still in the textbox.
b) If the second cell already had text the chars from your last typed word will overlap the the chars in the same position in that cell.
c) The text is only cleared when the user either presses a suggested word or hides the keyboard.
d) Text will only be written to the second cell if the user writes something else.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/img00000018.jpg/

2- After you write in the textbox (don't press any other cell) call the options menu (swipe from downwards from top of the frame) and the text will disappear.

3- Error pasting in cells... Follow these steps:
a) Copy text from anywhere.
b) Select a cell.
c) Hide keyboard (it must remain hidden until you finish all these steps).
d) Press and hold a textbox (don't lift the finger) and when the action menu appears slide your finger to paste (lift finger) and press it
e) Select another cell and the text will disappear.

4- Words are marked as wrong but there is no option to correct them.

5- By default if you tap and hold only one word is selected (even if you tap on empty space rather than all the words...). Selecting text is quite frustrating at times.

Again I ask anyone here who knows how to report these to anyone who would (or at least is paid to) care.

Would be awesome if it were fixed and Docs to Go were updated via BB App World... I'd settle with it being fixed in the next minor fw update.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: TMN

Re: Sheets 2 Go issue with predictive texting

Weekly bump...

The thread I started about typos in App World apparently reached the right person (though not directly). But the same seems not to have happened with these Sheets to Go. There's no correct way to contact Dataviz on this (they discard any responsability on this product)...

Again I ask how can one properly submit bugs to the developers.