02-23-2012 10:25 PM
02-25-2012 06:44 PM
I also started seeing locked content in some Excel sheets after updating my playbook this past week to version 2.0.
In my case, I found that it was caused by an If(isblank) statement at cell A1. The alert message actually listed A1 at the end of it's warning. When I removed this conditional statement at A1 everything was OK.
I suspect that Sheets To Go may have changed with the new update for the Blackberry Tablet. I also noticed that the Sheet To Go seems to have lost it's Powerpoint Icon with the update.
Anyway, I hope this helps you find the reason for your locked content.
02-25-2012 08:02 PM
I'm not sure how to post a screenshot for you.
Anyway, I received the following alert each time I tried to edit any cell on the sheet.
This content is locked.Press the
category button to unlock.
Sheet: Weekly Calc Form
When I deleted the conditional statement at A1 all returned to normal.
Unsure what I will run into in the future however?
02-25-2012 09:13 PM
I am really new at this, and having the same problem but don't know what the conditional statement is and can't seem to access cell a1. Can you offer any more details?
02-25-2012 09:16 PM
Conditional statements are like if statements in your cells. Go through the sheet and check your equations. If you have any if statements then try removing them and see if you get the same error.
02-25-2012 09:28 PM
I think it has to do with the set up of the sheet in am trying to edit. I will see if I can reproduce on my desktop and see if that works. Thanks
02-26-2012 03:55 PM
After updating my playbook to the wonderful 2.0 I cannot update any excel sheets to go. When I update cells a bubble appears stating content is locked. Press the categaory button to unlock. There is no category button. I need help. This spread sheet is quite large and I'd hate to redo it.
03-23-2012 07:39 AM
I've had the same problem and here it was the EDATE formula - cannot say if it was working in previous software as new spreadsheet. Fortunately only one formula so easy to amend to a manual date but not what I expect from Blackberry re compatibility.
I also use a lot of "Freeze Panes" so I know where I am in the spreadsheet which never worked on Playbook but when recovered into my pc were fine but are now a "disjointed" until I move away from the area enough to refresh the screen. Not a major issue but frustrating.
Help - the content lock message on the Playbook tells you which cell is causing the problem; rework the spreadsheet in your main Excel and transfer again to Playbook - hopefully it will work now.
I wonder if there are more issues re compatibility - Sheet To Go appears not to be able to handle IF and EDATE formulae so far - are there others out there we don't know about.
This is my first post so bear with me as I get going.