Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Shop Blackberry Canceling Orders For Playbooks :\

I placed my Playbook order on Nov 29 and received it Dec 12. Just over two weeks. Tracking number was FedEx to Ottawa and all tracking info was available. Shipped on Dec 9 and arrived Dec 12.

Updated the OS and apps in no time. Now back in the box till Christmas morning. Sigh!

I am pleased with the outcome of my order considering I could not find a Playbook anywhere in Ottawa. Hopefully your outcomes will be as positive as mine!
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Lucky, I live in Ottawa as well, placed my order on Nov 25 and they still refuse to provide me with a tracking number that works. Was charged on Dec 6, and no one can tell me if it's been shipped or what my order status is.

Email they sent said to call for assistance, the lady on the phone tells me to email for assistance... Still no answer from Mr Chequer.

If anyone can figure out what this number does I'll give you an imaginary gold star 5720126_21262126.
New Contributor
My Device: Former Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Verizon

Ah, same here! USPS Number doesn't work. :\

So much for efficiency.

Anyway, I called order support and they said my order would come sometime between wednesday and friday...we'll see about that. So by that estimate, orders should be delivered within 7-10 days of it being shipped from Shopblackberry.

Fingers crossed. This is taking way too long.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook(s) 32GB

I ordered two Playbooks on the 23rd and 27th, and they finally arrived yesterday and today.  No communication between shopblackberry.com and I except for the initial email confirming order receipt.  Cryptic messages on the orders page (e.g. Inventory Hold - what does that mean to a normal person?).  Anyway, the Playbook which arrived yesterday is great.  Works well, came in a sealed box, no flaws.  The one that arrived today, however, was void of the hologram seals on the box and it has Mexican lables on it (i.e. NOM NYCE).  It looks like it's been handled before, judging by the back of the tablet (fingerprints and a scuff).  Not brand new in my opinion.  Plus it has a stuck pixel in bright white Smiley Sad  I'm pretty disappointed.  Supposedly Canada's most prestigious corporation sending me used, flawed merchendise meant for Mexico.  Nice.

Documentation that came in the box states: "Playbook is not returnable if opened."  How the heck are you supposed to know if it's defective unless you open the box?  Furthermore, if the box isn't sealed how on Earth do they know if you opened it or not?

Guess I should just be happy that I received *something*, but I certainly will not be ordering from that mickey-mouse shopblackberry.com outfit ever again.  I never once hounded them, I just waited patiently for them to fulfill my orders.  And they send me used stuff.  Nice.  Live and learn.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Yikes that's horrible Dillan88, I'd suggest calling their support number but good luck getting through. They hang up after two minutes on hold, and their 1-902-482-6365 number has always been busy.

They state you can't return unopened Playbooks, perhaps you could come to an agreement since you technically paid for a new product, not refurbished or used.

I've had good luck getting through the orders phone number, maybe try that route first 1-888-805-6789.
Visitor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon,                  After purchasing many blackberry products throughout my lifetime with great success and happiness, I regretfully write you this email. On November 24, 2011 I had contacted Blackberry with regards to using a coupon code. A lady on the phone had informed me not to use a coupon code making each playbook $189 (10$ off) but rather to use a coupon code to purchase two 16gb Blackberry Playbooks with a total cost of $298+tax. (Order <Personal Content Removed>) Days later I received a cancellation email informing me this code was not valid, however some of the $10 off coupons worked. After waiting for over 3 hours on phone calls with Globalware, They had informed me that they could no longer permit the $298 for two 16gb Playbooks, but could replace the order for $400 for two playbooks. They informed me that they could not make the order at this time. I called the toll free number (somewhere in the USA) and they placed an order to two playbooks for $400. I received a confirmation of this order (Order <Personal Content Removed>) and to my surprise it was for a singular Playbook. At this point, I figured a mistake had been made by The toll free number, so I decided to call the toll free number provided again.  After waiting another 1.5 hours, I finally reached someone who placed the second order (Order <Personal Content Removed>). Two days ago, I received (1 of the 2) 16GB Playbooks and to my surprise the outer box was slightly ripped, there was no seals on the inner box and the Playbook had Dust and Finger Prints ALL OVER IT. I have still not received my second Playbook from RIM. I am writing you this email, as a member of many Tech Blogs and Founder of one, because I believe this behaviour deserves some form of compensation. I am not sure if this is the proper email for Incidents, however if you could please reply that would be great. I would not like this to escalate any further. Regards,

New Contributor
My Device: Torch and Bold
My Carrier: removed personal info

Rv-19, 

On a lighter note you are lucky as u have got one of the two playbooks. We are still awaiting a call or mail (even after writing to Mr Chequer). 

I had written to Mr. Chequer and on this forum too that if BB has the intent to honor (in letter as well as spirit) all orders, then a simple way is to credit every buyers credit card with $ 300 (per playbook) so that we can go and purchse from Best Buy or Office Depot directly. However no response to that too.

If u know of any forum where we can jointly raise the issue, do let me know. Many more here on this forum would be glad to join. 

New Contributor
My Device: None ... yet
My Carrier: Bell

Got it today.

Ordered on Nov. 28
CC was charged Dec. 6
Email on Dec. 12 with tracking (tracking said shipped Dec. 2)
Recieved Dec. 13 (no extra charges in Ontario)

GOOD LUCK
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook(s) 32GB

Thanks iam.  I don't have time to waste on the phone over a lousy two bills.  As far as I'm concerned, it cost me $200 to learn that Research In Motion is no better than any other two-bit gadget flogger from China.  The outfit that handles their product sales is even worse...ShopBlackberry.com.  Lamest online purchasing experience I've ever had and I've been procuring online since 1994.  Avoid their website like the plague, everyone!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9360
My Carrier: Rogers Mobility

My order status went from Inventory Hold, to Release, to Picking between yesterday and today.  Hopefully it will show as shipped tomorrow.  I ordered 2 16g PBs on Nov 28th.  I also order 2 of the accessory bundles - for all this headache they should throw those in for free!