Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Should I Purchase Playbook? (student)

Hi guys, good day.

Thanks for reading this.

I would like to ask about Playbook.

I am looking for a tablet and since it's not costly compared to other tablets, I am planning to buy a PB soon.

But before buying, can I ask questions:

A short intro of me, I am a graduate of mechanical engg course and I am planning to use a tablet instead of bringing books for review. The tablet will contain pdfs of engineering related books. As you can see, the tablet is mostly intended for reading pdf files during review. A laptop seems to be bulky so I shifted to a tablet and consider Playbook, simply for it's price and the brand.

Of the apps I am using, I used Evernote for taking down notes. So to access Evernotes needs connection. I came from the Philippines and not all areas here have wifi. So I am thinking if PB supports a sim card. That's my first question. Second, does PB supports 3G? or is it only wifi?

Regards,

Wes

Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

Re: Should I Purchase Playbook? (student)

Welcome to the forums

the current PlayBook does NOT have a simcard - and it's wifi only, or you could use a blackberry smartphone for tethering (though that's not very fast). A PlayBook with 3G might be published later this year (according to rumors)

Btw: there is an evernote for playbook - see here. but it seems like evernote always needs internet - choose for yourself Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
New Contributor

I won't give up on PB yet Smiley Happy

I would like to ask my 3rd question,

does it support usb transfer?

hoping it's a Yes Smiley Happy

New Contributor

and oops, another question,

supposedly I used a PC, I have a file there, can I transfer it to PB? If yes, what are the devices needed?

thanks and regards,

Wes

Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

yes, of course you can. you get a cable with the playbook, micro-usb to usb, and just use the playbook like a usb-stick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

The PlayBook has another great feature called Print to Go. When set up it allows you to send a file by wifi from your computer to the PlayBook. Before sending the file it converts it to PDF format. Excellent feature.
When you set up your network, you can transfer files back and forth from one part to another. For example, I can connect a PlayBook to my network via wifi, a second PlayBook via usb cable, I can insert many memory sticks as possible into my laptop and transfer files from anywhere to anywhere on the network, photos, music, docs etc.
The cameras are excellent, the music quality is fantastic. Video Chat allows you to communicate with other PlayBook users. It is a fantastic piece of technology and will only improve as time goes on plus it is very, very secure as all BlackBerry devices are.