Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK
Accepted Solution

Skype?

I am the proud owner (one day) on a 64gb unit. I was assured by the guy at the shop where I made an enquiry that this Blackberry would allow 'Skype'. I can't see any apps that allow video skype. Can anyone advise please?

How can it be done and is there an application that allows video skype.

Many thanks

Ross

Regards to all (except BB)
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Skype?

He misled you. Playbooks do not run Skype in current OS 2.0, will not run in the beta OS 2.1 so assume will not run Skype with video until next year at earliest if we get BB10. Even then who knows.

You can sideload Skype for Android in chat/voice only. 

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Bummer about Skype. Ah well! Laptop still serves for that. Perhaps the salesman thought I was going to put Android o/s on the Tablet. Can't complain. This tablet is excellent.

Thanks

Ross

Forums Veteran I

There are web based alternatives for mixed platforms, like reelportal.com and one from AOL but they sometimes have drawbacks on speed, echo and access.

If you know anyone else with a playbook the Video Chat PB to PB is excellent, like Apples Face Time Apple to Apple service. Problem is there's loads of Appletizers out there but not so many Facebookers.  

Otherwise I love my Playbooks

Thank you agin for the prompt reply. I am hoping that the main person I talk to on skype will now get a playbook. We are most impressed with this playbook. Good aren't they? Ah well. Back to playing..
Forums Veteran I

If you want to call someone on another Playbook, you call their Blackberry ID, just in case it's not their normal contact address. Good luck.