Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 32
My Carrier: none

Slow turn on

I am continually frustrated by the time which my 32 gig Playbook takes to turn on - it takes something like 3 minutes before I can do anything on it, yet a friend's 16 gig model takes considerably less time.

Is this 3 minute turn on time normal?

How can I improve this less than efficient time?

- frustrated 

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Slow turn on

dmchaffie wrote:

I am continually frustrated by the time which my 32 gig Playbook takes to turn on - it takes something like 3 minutes before I can do anything on it, yet a friend's 16 gig model takes considerably less time.

Is this 3 minute turn on time normal?

How can I improve this less than efficient time?

- frustrated 

I have a 64G PlayBook, and it takes about the same time, and it is normal specially since it has to load the android sandbox.

My best suggestion is to not turn it off, mine I have it since launch day, and I never turn it off at all, and all you have to do is once in a while just a restart, otherwise you just need to swipe from one side to the other and you are up and running

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor

Thanks Martin Smiley Happy I will try that for now, but I am not convinced that Android is the problem.

BTW, I didn't think that the Playbook was an Android device? does that mean I can download Android apps too?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

dmchaffie wrote:

Thanks Martin Smiley Happy I will try that for now, but I am not convinced that Android is the problem.

BTW, I didn't think that the Playbook was an Android device? does that mean I can download Android apps too?

Since version 2.0 of the PlayBook OS, we can install some android program, there are some in BlackBerry World and you can also sideload others.

And for the slowness of booting, before OS 2.0 the PlayBook was relatively fast booting, but since they incorporated the android sandbox it is musch slower booting, but then again there nothing to gain by shutting it off

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor

Thanks again Martin for your update on android features - that explains a lot about the long wait on opening - David Smiley Happy