Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: E E

Software Update

For christmas I got a blackberry playbook.

First thing asked to do was to update, this took several attempts of starting again and again and trying from saved points.
Eventually it updated, but asked for more updates from time to time.
The other updates failed so many times so I took it to the place I purchased and they gave me a new one.

Im now back at square one and it is failing to do the first updates because it says 'internet disconnected'

The internet is not an issue because other items (phone, computer) work from it normally and never have any issues of disconnection, only the playbook has an issue with connection.

When I get this message on the playbook, I can go back to the internet setting screen and it has a strong connection but still is unable to do the update.

Can anyone help?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Software Update

Try doing the update from a mcdonalds or starbucks. It may solve your problem..
What is the wireless securities you are using on the router
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: Software Update

andrewnelsonswfc wrote:

.....it says 'internet disconnected'

The internet is not an issue because other items (phone, computer) work from it normally and never have any issues of disconnection, only the playbook has an issue with connection.

When I get this message on the playbook, I can go back to the internet setting screen and it has a strong connection ...

Playbooks are very fussy. A strong set of signal bars means nothing if it doesn't like the settings.

Go to router settings and change encryption to WPA2 Personal Key , type AES . If you can live with  it change to 802.11g

________