Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: 64Gb Playbook - Z10
My Carrier: MTN / Cell C

Spell check - email PlayBook vs 64Gb unit

Good day all and apologies if this post duplicates any other discussion.  Have searched AND read a number of posts relating to spell checking on PB but NONE address OR reflect how my device is (not)working.

Have tried typing miss spelt word(s) in both Doc and eMail applications and the unknown / incorrectly spelt word is highlighted via a red underline squiggle. No matter what is tapped / selected / with MANY various 'settings options' turned on / off there is absolutely NO suggested spelling or auto correct provided.

On ONE test after typing yet another miss spelt word I noticed a grey + symbol displayed top right of virtual keyboard - out of curiosity I selected, + disappeared as did the red squiggle under the word and the gray + never again to be displayed.  Typing the SAME miss spelt word (as used when first tapping the gray + symbol) still shows the word to be miss spelt so negating the assumption I had added word to a custom dictionary.

Any idea's as to what is problem? Do NOT like idea of a device OS reload as have customised + installed apps PLUS another large download on restricted bandwidth Internet is not good... but if the only option and required functionality WILL be working then guess no other choice.

Thanks in advance for any / all feedback.

Best regards