Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Att

Stand by after 5 minutes

When I'm listening to pandora over the Internet, the speakers are awesome by the way, the thing goes to sleep after 5 minutes which is max time allowed so the song quits and you have to wake up the pb. Any work around on this???
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Stand by after 5 minutes

Hmm, surprised songs don't keep playing in the background. What do you have your apps set to do when not active? You may be ar to work around this by having apps stay active even when they lose focus.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

There is a setting you can change to control the sleep time. One option in it, if you scroll down (it may not be obvious that you can, so you may see only 4-5 options unless you try) is to set it to 0 seconds. Usually a setting like that means "disabled" to it shouldn't auto-sleep at that point.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hello Grummantiger,

Currently, the PlayBook enters stand by to conserve battery power, unless a video is being viewed or an application is running.

You can check in App World to see if there are any applications which would be of interest.

Cheers!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: 9650, Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Were do you see 0 seconds as an option? I'm looking under settings and screen and 0 seconds is not one of the options.
Developer

I don't have an actual PlayBook to test on right now, but I'm sure that if you scroll inside that dropdown list, as I said in my post, you see more options. Everything from 1h or something like that, down to 0s.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
My Device: 9700

Ah, the benefit of not getting my app submitted in time so I had to buy one.  The only options are "30 Seconds", "1 Minute", "90 Seconds", "2 Minutes", and "5 Minutes".  Maybe the simulator has more options.

Developer

Unfortunately, the simulator has no such options, as it's too stripped-down to bother with anything simulating sleep.

What version of OS do you have? Maybe it's not the latest.

Or maybe you're just not "scrolling" properly in the dropdown. Are you dead certain that when you make that list appear, you cannot then use your finger to slide the list up or down and make additional options appear? It's a terribly poorly designed aspect of the UI, because it's entirely "undiscoverable", but it does work that way at least on the 1.0.1.1450-ish version I think they had on the one I tried at Staples on Tuesday.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

There is definitely no option for 0 seconds.  The standy time ranges from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

New Developer
My Device: 9700

I actually seem to have a newer version than most people: 1.0.3.1726.

I'm sure about the drop downs because they only list four items so I had to scroll just to see the entire list I gave before.