Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: 7326046926

Still can't find answer to recovery of pictures.

This is my first day here and my first question.  I have read where many people lost their camera and pictures after a update.  I update today from 2.0 to 2.1.0. 1314  It is as if I just purchased it.  Nothiong there.  BB most definitely put some kind of warning before updating that you are goping to lose everything.  Nothing.

Snap..Gone.  I live in New Jersey close to where hurrican Sandy hit.  The Shore area. I have all pictures of it on my pkaybook.  A piece of history.  Even videos.  History gone.  I just want to know is there ANY way of getting those pictures?  Yes or No?

Thank you in advance

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Still can't find answer to recovery of pictures.

Deps, welcome to the community support forums.

Have you never made a backup of your PlayBook to your PC?

I haven't noticed this issue with others. Have you connected your PlayBook, since the upgrade, to the PC and looked for the pictures from that manner?

In the Settings > About > Hardware, have you noticed a large rise is the available memory which would result from a large mass deletion of pictures and video?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

there are many people who have had this problem. I looked all over the internet and saw it. But found this site and immediatedly registered. NOPE, no backup. Just purchased this a few months back. Yes hooked up to PC and tried to find them that way. It just looks like a brand new Playbook with nothing on it but the way it came. My total storage is 14.7 and free is 12.1
New Contributor

my camera is also gone

deps wrote:
my camera is also gone

You mean your camera icon is missing?

Have you swiped the icons panel left or right, scrolled all the way down, etc., and looked at all?

If you open your pictures folder, swipe down from the top on that screen, do you see at the UPPER LEFT the camera icon?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

thank you, I have the camera icon. I believe my pictures are truly lost, aren't they?

ok, so one (minor) issue resolved.

Yes, it appears so... BUT. Can you use AppWorld to download Air Browser, (it's a file manager app, free I believe) and search ALL over your PlayBook from that app.. it will delve deeper and allow more folders to appear.

I also want to give this thread some time for others to look at review the issue.

Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I have never lost any data, music, pictures during any updating. But I have always done a backup before doing any update. You can even copy all the PlayBook files you create to your computer just by dragging and dropping.