Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook, 9319
My Carrier: Boost

Can't get updates or activate new playbook. WiFi connection is solid

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Stuck

I recommend giving support a quick call at the number on this link:

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you!
If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!
Every BlackBerry should have BlackBerry Protect, get it now! | Follow me on Twitter | Bring Back BBM Music!
Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

[ Edited ]

dlowa wrote:

Can't get updates or activate new playbook. WiFi connection is solid

You need to activate first. Can you turn your PB on? Can you charge it? If the answer is yes to both check that you entered a valid BlackBerry I'D. - which is your email address. After that check your wifi connection. Not sure what you mean by "wifi connection is solid ". Can you actually log on the your wifi and connect your PB to the Internet? Check for correct spelling of your email address and the wifi password.

Need more specifics to help you. Of course you can always contact Tech. Support. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Until playbook is activated and connected to the internet there is no way a user can say that it is a sound connection. Having a green icon is no guarantee. The most likely cause is that it is connected tenuously to a router but it cannot communicate.

As well as checking your Blackberry ID in the web based Blackberry App World on a laptop, also make sure the router is set up with WPA or WPA2 and type AES not TKIP.