Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.1030 and playbook OS 1.0.3.2342

TO REMOVE unwanted icons on homescreen do this..

While you are in the Playbook homescreen displaying all the application icons, touch ANY of the icons and keep your finger touching it until they start flashing, you will see a trash can under some of them, if you tap the trash can icon it will display a dialog asking you if you remove, the application and the data associated to it will be deleted, you can choose delete or cancel.

PLEASE give kudos by CLICKING on the star below. Thanks.

RJK
Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: TO REMOVE unwanted icons on homescreen do this..

That doesn't remove unwanted icons, it deletes the app.

Also, you can only delete certain apps, some are core to the PB and can't be removed.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.1030 and playbook OS 1.0.3.2342

If you read carefully, i said that in SOME icons there will be a trash can, meaning that obviously you can remove only the ones with the trash can, and the ones without it are permanent. By deleting the the application, the icon is gone too. Please read carefully.
Contributor
My Device: 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Title should be "To REMOVE unwanted "Applications" on homescreen Smiley Happy It removes that app, not the icon.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

...and if you delete apps that RIM deems to be part of the OS, such as the NFB app in Canada, then you will get a prompt telling you that there is an OS "update" available - and it will be reinstalled.

...so good luck with that.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530 and Playbook OS 1.0.3
My Carrier: Sprint

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: +447522542553

The guy asked how to remove the icons not the applications from the home screen. No one has answered this question yet. the trash cans delete the application. Ok it removes the icons but it also removes the applicattion. I would also like to know how to delete the icon and the icon only. 

The reason being is simple if you have an icon in all and an icon in favorites you have 2 icons maybe the idea is to clear the all screen of too many items.

Brian

My Device: PlayBook and smartphone
My Carrier: MTS

Thanks! This advice was just what I needed to quickly cleanup the old shortcuts cluttering up my home screen. John
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thank you!!

Norma

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: telus

This tip worked for me! Thanks. I added my on line boarding pass to the home screen to make check in easier. It IS easier but I couldn't get ride of it. This works.