10-16-2012 09:20 PM
Well..I have this problem. I had the blackberry for around..7 months already and through the first month, it was working fine. Until the port mysteriously became loose, so I borrowed my mother's blackberry phone chargers, and it worked for another month. Soon, the battery just had died, and only the red thing shone when I attempted. 3-6 months later, I hid it from my mother because I knew she'd get pretty angry if I told her it stopped working; she usually believes I break everything. So three months later, I find a bunch of working solutions, but its just that.. my blackberry is 0% dead, nothing can start it up anymore, and I even lost the proper charger for it. D: I do not have a waranty, my mother thought it was too expensive. Please tell me what I can do to try and fix this. Thank you so much.
1. The first month the battery had drained, I had paid no attention to it, just hid it away when I really had no idea how to fix it since the forums about it ceased to appear when I had searched upon it.
2. Now, knowing all the possibly working solutions, I feel like an utter **bleep** since I now know of the ways to fix it..
3. I went to staples, the place I had bought it from, and they told me that they couldn't fix it, and they asked me to try a mandatory factory reset. Unfortunately, I fear I don't know how.
4. I have no warranty for this, sadly. My mother had found it was unuseful, so I hadn't felt the need to ask for it anyways. And I cannot ask her to buy anything new, since we've had this problem with a lot of other things, like my laptop. Heh. She'd flip dinosaurs and homes if she figured this out.
5. Help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
10-17-2012 04:20 AM - edited 10-17-2012 04:25 AM
If you read the thread in the top headings named
'Play book won't power up or light just blinks'
Try Knottyrope's suggestion first. It should cover your response.
If that does not work, may I suggest you spend some time reading the rest of the thread. Many people have had this problem and overcome it. This thread is from a few who have had problems. As I read it, there are a number of ways your can achieve. I hope this helps.
Regards and best wishes.