Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Fido (unlocked from AT&T)
Accepted Solution

Tasks, Calendar, Messages, Contacts, and Memo Pad don't work after pairing (Error 404)

Hi all,

When I pair my Torch to the PlayBook it all goes as expected. I can browse the files on my phone and also open the internet browser; however, when I try to open Tasks, Calendar, Messages, Contacts, and Memo Pad I get:

Error 404 - We can't open the webpage that you requested because it could not be found

Bridge Browser and Bridge Files still work fine though.

What to do?

New Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Tasks, Calendar, Messages, Contacts, and Memo Pad don't work after pairing (Error 404)

I am having the same problem with the Playbook and my 9630. I have done all updates on both devices and re-paired a number of times. I'm wondering the problem isn't with the 9630. New message indicators work correctly. It's just when the Playbook tries to connect with the bridge apps.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: ICE

Re: Tasks, Calendar, Messages, Contacts, and Memo Pad don't work after pairing (Error 404)

Hi Guys!!!

Have you already updated your software version to the 1.0.3..1868?

The best thing would be to delete and reinstall the bridge app from your smartphones and download it again, Maybe the bridge app was corrupted on the first download.

So, check if you have the latest software on the playbook and also the latest app version of the bridge on the smartphone.  Even so, it's better if you delete the app from your smartphone and downloaded again.

One more tip would be to delete the bluetooth profiles of the smartphone on the playbook using the little pencil icon.

Good luck guys!

New Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Your suggestion worked! I deleted the Bridge app from the smartphone and reinstalled it. The Playbook is now correctly accessing email, contacts, etc. (The mail client is actually better than I expected for a tablet..)

Thanks!!!

Trusted Contributor

Excellent!!!!! 

Give kudos if my solution worked!!!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys!!! Have you already updated your software version to the 1.0.3..1868?

The best thing would be to delete and reinstall the bridge app from your smartphones and download it again,

Maybe the bridge app was corrupted on the first download. So, check if you have the latest software on the playbook and also the latest app version of the bridge on the smartphone.

Even so, it's better if you delete the app from your smartphone and downloaded again. One more tip would be to delete the bluetooth profiles of the smartphone on the playbook using the little pencil icon. Good luck guys! .

Please give kudos if this solution worked!!!