Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook & BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Tasks Lists

Bit of an old thread, but I've just bought a Playbook. I can't believe that the tasks are sorted alphabetically to begin with. Who uses a tasl list like this?

The whole point of a to-do list is prioritisation.

If everyone did their to-do's in alpha order I reckon the earth would stop spinning.

BB Playbook & BlackBerry Bold 9700 - v6.0.0.570 | Vodafone UK | Previous: BB8100, BB9000
Home-made Recipes | Home-made Sauce Recipes | Simple Bread Recipe
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

I do, that is the way it make senses to me, I could not imagine sorting a task list any other way

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
My Device: bold9780 & Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I'm seriously surprised that there are no native tasks being stored on the blackberry playbook. This seems like basic functionality for an enterprise device, IMO... 

This is the main reason that I bought the playbook - to plan and review my day using the calendar and tasks features. I use ms outlook on my laptop to create tasks and currently manage them using my blackberry 9780 and BHive Tasks (which is the best task manager out there, IMO).

If there are no native tasks on the playbook then is it possible for a developer to build a task app that can work with the bridge to display the tasks in a better user interface on the playbook allowing for sorting (due date, priorities, today, tomorrow, new few days etc...)?

New Contributor
My Device: bold9780 & Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

I agree 100%. 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650 and Playbook 2.0
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm on board as well. I was excited to be able to have my to-do list with me at all times... but really? Sorted alphabetically and no way to sort just to see uncompleted items?? This really should be fixed. I bought this strictly for work as an extension of my Blackberry. It should have AS MUCH or MORE functionality, not LESS.  Please fix this!

I really do love this tablet, but it is a little silly that this particular work related item was overlooked.