Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T Mobile

The Bulge on BlackBerry PlayBook

I just had the blackberry playbook 16GB as a gift at US Austin and i found that it has bulge after 2 weeks used.

Where can i send it for repairing?  it is ok if the blackberry playbook has bulge?  

Please advice, thanks.

Seon

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: The Bulge on BlackBerry PlayBook

wangwuxiang wrote:

I just had the blackberry playbook 16GB as a gift at US Austin and i found that it has bulge after 2 weeks used.

Where can i send it for repairing?  it is ok if the blackberry playbook has bulge?  

Please advice, thanks.

Seon

Bulging is a direct effect of a swollen Li-ion battery. This is actually a fire hazard and I'd strongly suggest getting your information off the device asap. I would call the BlackBerry technical support numbers (check your warranty and manual in the box) and get an RMA number. I'm not joking either...this is a direct result of a faulty battery and could lead to a fire or explosion if charged further.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Bulge in centre, batteries either end (two of them) . Bulging battery unlikely, poor logo pressing more likely. There are plenty folk in Crackberry reversed the bulge by hairdrier, preferably by removing it.  mine gradually flattened in use by using journal case. 

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T Mobile

Thanks on the advice, i think that i will make a call to blackberry, the reason is.. although i put the case, the center (Blackberry Logo) still is not flatted.  This is making me worry.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

I guess guideline is...In warranty call BB for a replacement, most likely get a refurb,  but out of warranty lever the back off, check for exploding batteries, then get out the hairdrier. Apparently it's a well behaved thermoplastic back. (source Crackberry)