12-17-2011 07:34 PM - edited 12-17-2011 07:36 PM
I was kinda fascinated with QNX OS. The multitasking is great. I went for the demo set, gave it a try, youtube about Playbook a little. The OS, the hardware, the screen size, of the Playbook are quite promising. So I just bought a 16GB WiFi version of the PlayBook. The browser is superb with the Flash and HTML5. Nice job guys. The WiFi file sharing is AMAZING, love the feature. The HDMI output, that makes me *jaw dropped*. Nice video chat app. Unfortunately, I think RIM is still new joining the war of tablets ??? As a user of the playbook, I would like to do some feedback to you guys. And there goes the list:
1. A resizeable wallpaper setup - sometimes picking the photos I like and I put it, it zooms at the centre, which is quite frustrating. I understand it goes with the resolution of 1024x1024 wallpaper. But it is still a basic that tablets can resize their wallpaper the way the user want.
2. Skype - I guess there is nothing much to say about it...... Hopefully Skype will come out with Playbook version.
3. GPS - the GPS just can't work, I open up Bing Maps, I want to find my location, and it tells me the location is unavailable. WTH ?! I went "google" around and it is doesn't only happen to me.
4. Facebook app - the FB app can't enter "groups"
5. Native email client - It is a tablet, I know the name is "PlayBook", but this is a basic need for a tablet.
6. If I'm not mistaken, Gyro-sensor is built in, and what it is for ?
7. LED light, it hardly blinks, that's all I know about it.
8. AppWorld - too less apps but I know, it is still growing......
9. software updates - the downloading process is amazingly slow. My friends are facing the same problems, took hours to reach 100MB.
10. Browser - sometimes when I switch over to another app, (eg. FB) and it is gone. The browser app closes itself.
11. Twitter app ?????
12. Foursquare app ?????
btw, I'm from Malaysia. I'm creating this topic because I hope you guys can improve more on OS 2. If you think that I'm missing something, or any solution to solve those criterias, kindly let me know. At some point, I don't know whether to be happy or regretted after buying PlayBook. =S
12-17-2011 09:39 PM
12-18-2011 07:51 AM
12-22-2011 12:55 AM
12-22-2011 05:35 AM
12-22-2011 06:50 PM
3. GPS - i think your concern may be best addressed by Bing and maybe your internet provider. the playbook doesnt have a built in gps radio so locations are determined by map sites through the internet provider's info.
That's not correct. The PlayBook does have GPS. It's just very poorly designed and doesn't work most of the time.
12-22-2011 08:26 PM
12-23-2011 10:42 PM
Hmmm..... I'm confused. Are you guys "shoo-ing" me off from PlayBook and starting to get an Android tablet. All I know the deisign, the performance of the hardware is really really really awesome and nice. I hope RIM can do something on it. OS 2 is coming out. I really hope there is a big improvements. At least a native email client/app. Otherwise, to me, each time we need something, we gotta rely on the browser, it is just lame. Why not we can have an app ? I'm not demanding for really really really great apps like HD games, or some really special app. All I want is just some basics which a tablet should have. Foursquare ? G+ ? Gmail ? Google Map ? Whatsapp ? FB Messenger ? Calendar ? The Bing Maps I can say it is not reliable. I'm not trying to be mean but it sucks. It can't even locate where I am. I tried it on outdoor, indoor, higher places, lower places, I am still unable to get my exact location. My 2nd gen iPod which has no GPS, google map still can track my location. What the hell ? The Sync-ing is so darn awful. It is a pain to wait for the music and playlists to be synced. Just update the playlist and copy the songs into the playbook, it takes 10 minutes to sync a few new songs n playlists. WHAT IS WRONG ?