Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: bold 9870
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

Thinking of buying a playbook

Hello All

I am tihnking of buying a playbook but there are soo many tablets it is hard to take the jump. I mainly want for email/facebook/ browsing etc and i know i would need to bridge to my bold to use email calendar etc and i am ok with that.

but i also store all my files on a  QNAP NAS, can i link the playbook upto a network and see my network storage and interact with it?

and can you transfer non media files to it like word etc?

any help in maknig the decision would be appreciated

thanks

Solutions: 6,377
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Thinking of buying a playbook

The Playbook can connect via WiFi to your PC, and if you have both the Playbook AND your NAS windows open on your PC, you can drag and drop files just like any other. I have not found a way to connect direct to the NAS.

And yes on the non-media files.

For the services you mentioned, the Playbook would serve you well.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: bold 9870
My Carrier: orange

thanks v much

bit of a pain having the pc open, the NAs does have a web interface i may have to have a look and see if there is anytinh i can do with that

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I know some one that uses a 500 gig wifi enabled NAS and it works well.

hopefully if you connect to the web pageon yours, it will access files as well.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus - they suck

i don't know about qnap but i can tell you about media and web.

movies music and document are straight forward and easy to use. the built in speakers still impress the hell out of me. i watch alot of movies and tv shows on my playbook.

and during business hours i use it for the office and vpn'ing in while at customers, plus sales lit has gotten alot easier.
Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: internet

I wouldn't call movies music and such straight forward and easy.
Please let me know where I can stream such products from a subscritpion based service.
I would for sure hold off with all the rumours of the playbook 2 coming around soon.. with it having 4g and the only one to run the android suite of application. I WOULD FOR SURE wait to see how the android apps run on the new tablet first,
Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

The current pb will run android when the update comes in feb...I think you will see a long wait for the next gen...at this point rim needs to concentrate on ironing out the bugs in the current pb most if not all are software related. There is more then enough power in the current pb to out do an ipad with a little finessing of the software.
Solutions: 6,377
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

netflicksandskipe wrote:
Please let me know where I can stream such products from a subscritpion based service.

Oh, perhaps you've missed my previous posts. Amazon will easily stream movies to your PlayBook. Check it out.

Easy.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

JSanders wrote:

netflicksandskipe wrote:

Oh, perhaps you've missed my previous posts. Amazon will easily stream movies to your PlayBook. Check it out.

Easy.

It will not in his case, he lives in Canada, nad Amazon does not have the streaming service in Canada yet

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

>> I wouldn't call movies music and such straight forward and easy.

I would. It is FAR easier than on the ipad where you have to endure the horrible iTunes, which has one intent and that it to OWN you.

On the Playbook you can just copy movies straight to it (couldn't be easier), play BBC iPlayer if you're in the UK, and watch the movies at places like www.youtube.com/movies (which I don't believe you can do on the iPad).

And unlike pretty much every other tablet you can just plug your Playbook straight into a TV using a standard HDMI cable and watch the videos on your Playbook directly on the TV without messing around or having to buy special leads.

All in all it is a LOT more straight forward and easy compared to other tablets - at least it is if you are technical enough to be able to copy a file from one place to another (pretty basic stuff).