Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Transfering videos

thre are a few app in app world, file n folders is worth the price and there is another one that is free

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: na

i am getting the message 'network path not found' when I click on the playbook which is shown in Network Location as shown in your post below. Any thoughts because i prefer the idea of a wifi transfer to reduce the risk of damaging the plug in port.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

You have to open Storage and Sharing and enable sharing via WiFi and set a password.
Then check for the IP address of your PB on your WiFi.
On your PC open Windows Explorer and type in your PB's IP.
You have to log on using the user name 'playbook' and the password you created.
After that you can access your PB from your PC and copy data to it over WiFi.
Have fun.
DC-IT
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: tracfone

[ Edited ]

you might have missed the detail that BBPB only does MP4 (mpeg4/H.264), DivX/AVI and WMV video formats. (PB uses MP4 as native from the video camera, which they stuff in 'camera' directory, and viewable when 'Recorded Videos' is selected in the Video app). You may have transfered a format that the Video app does not know - even if there it won't know it. The BB Desktop manager or just a USB linked drive of the PB shows what is there (doesn't matter if WiFi or USB). Yes, there are a few PB file browser apps (see AppWorld). (the one I use is File Browser by Aftab, they do a great job, feels and looks natural, more for the techy type).

Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

make sure the videos are avi or mp4. My playbook won't recognize anything but these file types...
Contributor

how do you find your ip adress
Contributor

Where do you type your IP adress into because i have found it now
Contributor
My Device: Playbook wifi 64GB
My Carrier: none

If you type in the address bar, of Explorer, for example \\192.168.2.185 , then you should see your device on the network.

A note on not seeing a video file that you transfered to your device: I have had problems with media encoding for the playbook if the file becomes larger than 4GB, it becomes unplayable if I use the BlackBerry desktop software to do the conversion, it also doesn't show up in the video player on the device. I just use Windows Movie Maker to create the file, in this case .wmv format, and copy it to my device.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

Here are more pictures of how to set up the WiFi access to your PB.

Make sure that your PB is connected to your home WiFi Internet and it turned ON so your PC can detect it.

PB IP.jpg

PB User Name.jpg

PB Storage & Sharing.jpg

Explorer.png

Access PB Media.jpg

PB Media Folders.jpg

DC-IT
Highlighted
Contributor

Have managed to connect to the playbook over wifi but although the files appear to be in the right folders as shown in tour screen shot (by the way how do you do that and get to show in a post) still can't play the videos, stumped!!!