Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Wifi

Trouble with PB touch

Hi, I am having trouble with PB touch. I can access my PB through computer, and screen also rotates while I hold it upside down. I dun know wat to do? Restart it but still it's not working. Important information is there that I want access. But touch is not working Smiley Sad Any idea how to get rid of this froze part. I m using this PB for over an year I never had this problem it's first time.
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Re: Trouble with PB touch

[ Edited ]

The most important thing is to preserve the data.  Any other action you may take such as de-bricking will destroy the data so you need to put it somewhere safe.  It's probably a hardware failure anyway.

Obviously you can do a Desktop Software backup but that will only help if you intend to either get the Playbook repaired or get another Playbook. If you find the price to repair it is more than the price of, say an Android replacement, and you cant find or don't want a replacement Playbook, then a BB backup file will be of no use. It is only readable with Playbook. 

So file sharing is needed...

IF you have previously set the Playbook's file sharing options to on then you have a chance to copy the files to the PC. Wifi file sharing is the most reliable, USB sharing the next reliable (mapping a drive if necesary). Use Explorer (PC) or Finder (Mac) to link to and copy the files.

If you didn't set file sharing options to on before the screen touch died then you can't now turn it on and you are in trouble, and will have to use BB desktop backup and recover to another Playbook.