Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780, Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

Troubles with PlayBook charging

[ Edited ]

Hi to everebody! Here is my problem: i've bought playbook long time ago and at first time it worked very well. But once, i forgot to charge it and it has been turned off and didn't respond to any of my action. Didn't power on and didn't charge. So i've put it into the table and did nothing for some time. Once i took it and put it on charge, and it's stars charging. Nice one! - thats what i thought at this moment. But when it finally powered on, I saw that it shows zero battery charge.I disconnected the cable and the tablet worked for some time, like it was fully charge. But still showed zero battery level. After that strange things continued. Sometimes it showed zero level, sometimes 100% or anything else, like it is was not defective. So i want to ask: what it could be and how could i fix it?

P.S: Sorry, if my text is full of errors, english is not my native language

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Troubles with PlayBook charging

What version of the OS is installed?. The latest is 2.1.0.1526. It you do not have it, try upgrading to the latest.
New Contributor

This troubles started at 2.0 version and saved with all upgrades, include 2.1.0.1526 update.

Forums Veteran I

You can try the debrick method to totally wipe and reinstall a clean copy. Here is the procedure. Read it over then go for it.
You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.
New Contributor

Thanks a lot! Playbook works again.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I

Mark that as the solution so others who have the same problem will see the solution.