Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Trying to use VPN...

Hi all,

So I'm trying to log in to VPN.  Problem?  The PB is booting me off the login screen before I can get my username/password all the way in.  Not always in the same place.  Might be while I type my username, might be I get to the last digit of my password.  Shoots me right back to the VPN profile details/connection screen.

I'm not hitting (tapping) anything other than the keyboard - that I can see, anyway, and I know I am making contact with my VPN server - I watched the live log while in the process. 

Thoughts?

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Trying to use VPN...

Hello There,

There are a lot of Non standard connnections out there. Either your router is blocking VPN Connections, or in my case I have a Cisco 1811 Router that was doing the same thing. I choose Cisco IOS with Easy VPN, and selected manual Algorithms and boom I got connected. I would say give that a go and see if you get connected. You might need to log into your router and see what exactly your using.

Thank you!

Contributor

Hey J-wheelz

Seems that the latest OS update has fixed my issue where it would boot me out of the login screen before I could finish typing.

We are using a Cisco 3000 series VPN concentrator.  Have tried everything I can think of to get the proposals & settings to match up, but having no luck.  Would be really nice if PB could import the Cisco PCF profile & just use that for setup.  Maybe in a future release...

I've seen a few threads from folks also having troubles getting the PB to successfully connect to a Cisco 3000/3005, but no set resolution on how to properly configure manual settings.  There seem to be more settings options on the PB than there are in the Cisco.  Gotta love a challenge!

Highlighted
Contributor

So out of the blue I decided to mess once again with the VPN settings that had never worked.  

Today I installed OS update 1.0.8.6067 & figured what the heck, I'll try it.   (it had never worked - even with all the previous OS updates)

So I selected Cisco IOS with Easy VPN, auto config.  Lo & behold...it connected immediately.  Didn't even need to mess with the 3000 series settings.  Happy camper here.  (and discovered the RDP app for PB - which works great)