Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

TwItT

(sorry the title can not be type from a Playbook)

TITTLE : Twitter and link from phone

I have Blaq on my Playbook but I can only see part of the messages, so I use the program on the phone, and today I saw a message saying that cooking was going to social, so wondering what that is I opened the link in the message, but I could not see any thing, I forgot to borrow the Hubble telescope to be able to see the web page on the phone, so I went back to to the twitter program on the phone and this time I choose the "VIEW ON THE PLAYBOOK" option in the menu, but instead of opeing a web page, it opened AppWorld in to a program to be buy, and in the browser there is only a white empty page instead of the information that I was looking for.

So how do I open the web page instead of the AppWorld program to view the. information that was promise in the message on twitter

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: TwItT

This is a link to the blog post that you are likely talking about:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2012/11/playbook-cooking-tips/

You should be able to open that on your PlayBook browser and see.

I hope that is the info you were looking for!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Advisor III

It is good information, but from what I was able to see on the phone, there was no pictures, and it was about cooking and social.

But do not worry about it I probably would not get what it is about any way, it was just a curiosity.

What I want to know is why is it that the browser on the Playbook had a blank page and AppWorld opened

BTW Thanks for the link

Martin
Elite I

The reason that happened is because when you click on a link that directs to an app in App World, it will automatically go to that app in App World. It's how BlackBerry App World was designed to work. Smiley Happy

In your case, what happened was that you clicked on a link in your Twitter app that redirected you to a specific app that is available in App World. The browser went to that page which triggered App World to open and show you that app.

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Advisor III

Krypto wrote:
The reason that happened is because when you click on a link that directs to an app in App World, it will automatically go to that app in App World. It's how BlackBerry App World was designed to work. Smiley Happy

In your case, what happened was that you clicked on a link in your Twitter app that redirected you to a specific app that is available in App World. The browser went to that page which triggered App World to open and show you that app.

I hope that helps!

Ok, that part is clear, but before I sent that link to the Playbook, I accidently opened it on the phone and the phone opened a web page, and not AppWorld

BTW my phone is Bold 9900

Martin
Elite I

Yeah, it opened the app's App World webpage on your BlackBerry because the app is a PlayBook app, not a BlackBerry smartphone app. If the app had been a BlackBerry smartphone app (with no Playbook version), it would have opened in App World on your Bold, and the webpage on your PlayBook.

As a result, the webpage you saw on your Bold was the same as what you'd see if you were searching on a computer.

I know it's a bit confusing, but I hope that makes sense.

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III

Krypto wrote:
Yeah, it opened the app's App World webpage on your BlackBerry because the app is a PlayBook app, not a BlackBerry smartphone app. If the app had been a BlackBerry smartphone app (with no Playbook version), it would have opened in App World on your Bold, and the webpage on your PlayBook.

As a result, the webpage you saw on your Bold was the same as what you'd see if you were searching on a computer.

I know it's a bit confusing, but I hope that makes sense.

Sort of,

Thanks

Martin