Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook OS Version: 2.0.1.358
My Carrier: Century Link
Accepted Solution

Twitter app

I'm still trying to figure out why The Twitter app cannot download for the tablet PlayBook.  Why does Android have the privilege of the Twitter app.  From what I see in the App Store,  the twitter apps costs.  Is there any way that the tablet PlayBook can be allowed to download the Twitter app. Or let me know of a reasonable twitter app from the App Store. 

Thank you. Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Twitter app

You can download a PlayBook version of the Official android app from goodereader.com.

Alternatively you might want to try Blaq on the PlayBook - a lot of people seem to love it.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

cas118 wrote:
You can download a PlayBook version of the Official android app from goodereader.com.

Alternatively you might want to try Blaq on the PlayBook - a lot of people seem to love it.

BLAQ is good, but it is lacking instruction on how to use it and what each symbol on the screen is for, the help in the program is very vague, and the support does not answer their e-mail at all when I asked for help, but it does let you see with a white led that you have received a new twit

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Regular Contributor

I tried the reader.com to. Download it said that it wasn't compatible with my tablet.  I just don't see the reason why this twitter is so difficult to find to download for the PlayBook.  Can the company add this app?  It seems that BlackBerry PlayBook gets short on this.  

Developer
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

When will be the twitter  official app will be released. I am unable to use from browser also. Why this happening with playbook and bb10 alpha device

Developer

Rumour is that there will be an official. Twitter app when BlackBerry 10 phones are released.

The PlayBook update to BlackBerry 10 will be released shortly afterwards, so you are probably looking at February / March to see the official PlayBook version.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Developer
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Tnanks cass128 for this useful information
Regular Contributor

Okay, so I presume the Twitter app would only be for the BlackBerry 10 phone?  Also, I'm not going to spend a dime on any Twitter app for why should I when every mobile device known to man can download the Twitter app for free except for the BlackBerry tablet?  

Developer

No, if you read my post again I said BlackBerry 10 will be coming to PlayBook - and the apps will as well.

If you don't want to pay for an app that's fine. As to why you cannot download the Android app from AppWorld - that's an issue for Twitter themselves. It's their app and they are the only ones that that can legally publish it.

Alterantively you can try and sideload the Twitter app - but as already mentioned, it isn't the most straightforward process.

I can say that I've used the app on the PlayBook and it works fine.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, my brain has been on overdrive lately.