Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Tablet 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Twitter in Accounts screen

Just got my new Playbook! 

1) Setting up my email accounts I was happy to see Twitter on that screen, so I input my info.

Great. 

However, all the people I follow on there showed up on my contact list.

NOT great. 

When I set up my gmail accounts, there was a choice as to whether or not I wanted the contacts synched .. but none for Twitter? Am I missing something? 

I really don't want my contact list full of Twitter people that I follow!  Can I exclude that somehow, or do I have to DL Twitter to the browser and forget about the ACCOUNTS page? 

2) Couldn't input my Hotmail account -- so I opened another gmail account, named *****.hotmail@gmail.com and forward all my Hotmal to that account. Am I doing something wrong? I don't know the settings for Hotmail that were required to access that account, and wasn't asked for any of that from gmail.com

3) To the many people who suddenly can't connect to wifi ( I did for 3 days, no problem then suddently, it wouldn't) before you mess with wiping/changing your router settings, try unplugging the modem/cable and waiting a few minutes.  My BB found the wifi again w/o a problem after I did that. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Twitter in Accounts screen

Hey scoulombe,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

When you setup your Twitter® account in the 'Accounts' option it Automatically synchronizes with your contacts and this is displayed in your Contacts. The only option to disable this is to remove the Twitter account from the 'Accounts' option.

To address your issue with setting up your Hotmail account on the BlackBerry® Playbook what is the full error message you receive? The issue you are have maybe be related to the issue outlined in the following article:
When Integrating Hotmail through Simple Integration on the BlackBerry PlayBook the following appears "Account Hotmail - <username>@hotmail.com failed testing with current settings"
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB32048

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Twitter in Accounts screen

I would add two things

The knowledge base article is missing one very important tip. To find out which three letters to add to the mobile server name, look at the url of your Hotmail inbox by using normal webmail in a browser. It will begin with those letters. Trial and error will take a long time.

Secondly this was fixed in .668 but then they pulled it. Better luck next update.