Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10 / Passport
My Carrier: O2 UK
Accepted Solution

Twitter

When I view Twitter on my PlayBook I prefer to view the full version instead of the mobile version the browser always defaults to. Until recently I could enter http://mobile.twitter.com/settings/change_ui into my browser address bar when logged in and the full version would be displayed until such time I cleared my cookies etc. This little trick no longer works and for the last few days I have only been able to view the mobile version. Anyone here have any idea why this is or what I can do to return to viewing the full version on my PlayBook?  

Contributor

Re: Twitter

Anyone?  

Contributor

Re: Twitter

In case anyone was wondering about this it seems we are not alone. Twitter have made some adjustments preventing the change from mobile to full version in many browsers. Check out the link, it relates to Safari on the iPad but we're all affected by this one it seems. Thanks Twitter !!!

http://www.socmedsean.com/twitter-tip-changing-from-mobile-to-standard-desktop-view-in-safari-on-the...

Contributor

Re: Twitter ( viewing full version on PlayBook )

[ Edited ]

Not the reply I had hoped for but credit to Twitter support for their quick and honest response which I have pasted below. 

We've recently disabled the ability to access Twitter in the standard web version from mobile devices as most mobile browsers do not support New Twitter. Thus, we're currently only supportingmobile.twitter.com which we hope will provide our users a thorough and engaging experience. We apologize if this creates any inconveniences and we're open to hearing what you guys have to say. Feel free to send your thoughts to @feedback.

Fingers crossed someone finds a way around this or failing that we get a decent official Twitter app when the PlayBook gets BB10.