Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

URLs in messages

Wow.  When someone sends me a URL in a message, I am unable to click it, and worse - can't even cut and paste it.

Two functions in messages that seem pretty basic, but aren't there.  ...at least, as far as I can tell.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: URLs in messages

I have noticed that as well about the URLs.

I haven't looked to know what your second problem is.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

I agree this is another big issue. I really want to turn this into our corporate device and it shows a lot of promise, but there are so many little things here that will not let me do that yet. Hopefully we will have a software update soon that will fix many of the little bridge issues.

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

It seems there is no cut and paste between applications - only within an application. And yes, it does seem that you cannot use links within an e-mail.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Beebolini wrote:

Wow.  When someone sends me a URL in a message, I am unable to click it, and worse - can't even cut and paste it.

Two functions in messages that seem pretty basic, but aren't there.  ...at least, as far as I can tell.

Hi Beebolini,

Do you see the links showing up hyperlinked in blue? If so, if you hover over it, does anything happen?

Was the email sent using plain text or HTML? 

Thanks.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

The messages were plain text.  It looks like URLs in HTML messages work properly, such as the message that I was sent by these message boards when you posted your reply.

Text selection and cut and paste do not worm in any messages, plain text or HTML.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

But for me on the Torch the plain text emails work with no problem. Call me crazy but i just assumed (yes i know what that does) that the playbook would at minimum act like a handheld.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I'm not the original poster, btu I have seen this in plain-text emails only.  (proper links in HTML emails  work fine).

The messaging app on the BB phones I've used will hyperlink any URLs automatically even in plaintext emails; but the bridged messaging client does not do this. 

Another behavior that is not working is "more" - I've found no way to retrieve more of a long message viewed via bridged messaging.  And as the original poster commented, there is no way to copy content to clipboard from an email -- either when viewing it, or even it's open in a reply.

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Contributor
My Device: 7290, 8700g, 8800, 9000, 9700, 9900, Playbook, z10, z30
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I too would love to turn this device into the corporate tablet, so much that we purchased a bunch to try out.  This is very frustrating.  The Playbook itself is very fast and doesn't miss a beat, but the corporate functionality is lacking at this time.  I just hope an update that fixes all these issues comes out soon.  I will be at Blackberry World next week and I am sure there are going to be quite a few people upset with the corporate functionality so far.