Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook - 64 bit
My Carrier: Bell

USB cable doesn't connect

My USB cable simply will not fit the port. Anyone else having similar problems?

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: virgin

Re: USB cable doesn't connect

me, tried lots of blackberry chargers. can not charge it up. please help !

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Firstly the micro usb plug must have the BB logo facing you as you look at the screen. 

Secondly any problems are usually because the very delicate male part in the middle of the socket is mangled or missing.  Look at it and see if it can be straightened with a toothpick.

usb.jpg

Sarah.
My Device: Playbook - 64 bit
My Carrier: Bell

Thank you for the info.  I have made the sure the logo is face up and the male portion is in line with the cable. It's just that it doesn't go far enough into the port to solidify the connection.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

The standard usb to pc cable will have a gap of about 1.5mm (1/16") between the plug body and the playbook.

Check for gold wires pressed up against the back of the socket which would indicate a ruined socket.

it may be that it's far enough in but no connection- very common problem. It only needs to be plugged in upside down once to ruin the socket.

If so, get a rapid charger which uses the three pin socket to the right of the usb,  and use wifi sharing for file transfer.

Sarah.