Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB
Accepted Solution

USB cable

Hello everyone,

I want to know where I can buy the usb cable for data transfer between my pc and my playbook (I lost it and I don't seem to find a store where I can buy it (Belgium)) ,

Thanks,

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: USB cable

If you have a cellphone, they use the same connection. Try a cellphone store, most brands will fit.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

The Playbook uses the same type of cable as the newer Blackberry phones since the last three years. Also many of the Samsung and HTC phone models use the same type of cable. 

The cable should be availabe most anywhere that sells cell phone accessories. Tke care, there are many qualities of this cable type. Go to a reputable place to buy the cable.

Jerry G.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

I went to my local Dollar Store and found micro USB charge/data cables for $2.00 (6ft) that said for BlackBerry and a lot of other devices. The key here is to look for data/charge cable and of course, the size format (micro USB). If you find a cable that meets these requirements, it doesn't matter if it says for BlackBerry on it or not. It will work.

Ebay is full of these cables if you can't be bothered to hunt one down in person but vary in price.

Also, Monoprice.com gets my vote too for all kinds of cables/electronics. They have a great customer service and their prices are the best out there. They ship all over the world.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB

Hello everyone,

thank you all for your responses,

yesterday I went to a local phone shop and found it there (it costed about 10 euros), I would have done it online but since I do not know much about these things, I was afraid to order the wrong format (I really thought it was only Blackberry who issued it). So thanks for pointing out it's a 'universal' cable :-),

Greetings from Belgium