Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb WiFi
My Carrier: not applicable

Re: USB connectiong to Windows stopped, now wifi has stopped

I am considering the wipe and that is because of the wifi file sharing disappearing last night that made me think it could be a software issue.  When the app OTR stopped reaching the net, same twig snapped.

Still it could be the USB port

On the fence until the morning and I will call RIM support as suggested in another response

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb WiFi
My Carrier: not applicable

Re: USB connections to Windows stopped, now wifi has stopped

Thanks, I an very familiar with equipment builds, but the micro is so **bleep** small to sneak a peak into.  I am tempted to do the wipe and a clean re-install and re-load the Android apps I know work.  Next breath what is coming at the end of the month... Who knows, but I am guessing that BB10 and Playbook at going to be very, very close as OS go.  I could be wrong, but it does not pay a company to support two OSes.

For now I can wifi the file on through that android app, which is the bizarre thing, regular wifi sharing does not work, but that does.

New Contributor
My Device: BlacBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Movistar

Well, I was trying to load some PDF's, but now it'll have to wait...

I'm trying to use Bluetooth, but no...

And you said WiFi doesn't work...

Grrr...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Wifi will work on Mac if the mac and the playbook are on the same router.

Activate wifi sharing in settings, storage and sharing. 

On Mac use Finder, go, connect to server, then connect to smb://192.168.xxx.xxx/Media. Substituting your playbook's ip address.

Usb has 4 wires, 2 power, 2 data. It is quite feasible to damage data pins whilst power pins are ok, so your statement it must be software is not necessarily correct.