Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: BSNL

Unable to start Internet tethering..

I have a Windows Mobile(6.5). I am unable to tether it with my playbook via bluetooth..It is showing paired but upon starting tethering it cannot be recognised!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Unable to start Internet tethering..

I don't believe this combination is supported for tethering unless your Windows Mobile has a wifi hotspot feature. 

Contributor

But tethering Occurs via bluetooth isnt it? I also have a Windows Mobile Wifi Router Software through which i can connect the mobile to laptop but the PlayBook is not able to recognize the wifi network generated by the mobile..

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

I believe the Bluetooth tethering built into the Playbook is only designed to support Blackberrys. 

Contributor

But i can bluetooth tether the PlayBook with other Java enabled simple mobiles.. But failed to connect it with WindowsMobile..
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Mobily SA

Hi All,

I've similar issue here. I can Tether Internet connection from my BB torche to my PC. Although my Service Provider is not listed as a wireless service provider within The Desktop Manager but I had followed some steps described in KB05196 topic of the Knowledge Base. When I'm trying to tether to Playbook, again I'm not finding the Service Provider in the list. Now the question is: Is there a workaround here if my service Provider in the Wireless Provider List?

Shady E.
Egypt | Saudi Arabia
Regular Contributor

It's already solved ... my fault,

All you need to do is to create new profile rather than selecting one from the List of profiles.

And even - with BB Bridge - you can use Internet connectivity from your phone in some specific applications - like Browser and BBM.

After 4-5 days of using PB, I think it was a good choice

Shady E.
Egypt | Saudi Arabia
Regular Contributor

One question.

Is your Wireless Service Provider listed within the existing profiles? or you created it manually?

Personally, I prefer to create it manually after double-checking the APN, User, Password with my provider. Or you can even check the internet setting in your mobile if it is not BB.

Shady E.
Egypt | Saudi Arabia