Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers
Accepted Solution

Unable to start application error:13 - bridge is successful, but cant open mail, contact or memo. just get error

i have installed the bridge successfully. my 9700 is paired with the PB and i can see all the bridge software on the pb.

i can authenticate my self on the pb and can see i have messages waiting.

when i click on mail , the screen flashes, an nothing occurs.

if i click in the "i" icon,.i see an error has been thrown ... Unable to start application error:13 

i have uninstalled the bridge on both devices and reinstalled. is there any other method?

it smells like a security issue.

help please.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Unable to start application error:13 - bridge is successful, but cant open mail, contact or memo. just get error

Hello Robtyrie,

Try the following:

1.Close all running applications.

2.Stop pairing and the Bluetooth connection.

3.Pair the Bluetooth connection and Bridge with no applications running.

3.Hold the power button down and restart the PlayBook and test.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Unable to start application error:13 - bridge is successful, but cant open mail, contact or memo. just get error

I have the same issues except:

My mail worked for a while UNTIL I reinstalled because my contact and calendar were giving me the errors.  After the complete reinstall nothing works and I get error 13.

I cant tether at all and I dont even have a browser.

I dont understand why it wont connect directly to my outlook?

Help please

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I tried the above as directed and it is still doing the same thing. New emails show up in the top left corner of the PB (with the subject etc), however it will not open the items in my BB.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I got things working. Using similar steps as you layed out.

I did not using the power button/restart sequence - is that a "harder" reboot that clears more cache?

I did pull the battery on my bb - left if for a minute - then restatred and then deleted the playbook bluetooth pairing.

Then I started over with re-pairing the devices on the playbook. I used manual pairing.

Now mail memo and contacts work. Tasks seems buggy (it flashes alot) and slower than the other apps. I have hundreds of tasks in my system. 

Tethered browsing in very slow - 30secs to 2 mins to render a page like Yahoo.com. (FYI i am on 3G rogers)

New Contributor

Re: Unable to start application error:13 - bridge is successful, but can't open mail, contact or memo. Just get error

I would make sure you start from a very clean state on your BB.

1. Make sure the playbook is deleted as a paired device on Bluetooth, and bridge.

2. Pull the battery. Wait 30 sec. and then restart.

3. After reboot - Check to see that the PB is not paired in the BB, If it is delete it again and then start the pairing steps again.