Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 3UK
Accepted Solution

Undeleting emails

Accidentally deleted an email, anyway to undelete it, In a lot of programs, delete an email, it is moved to a 'deleted' folder, which means still there, until you empty the folder.

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Undeleting emails

[ Edited ]

I don't know which mail server you are using, but in most cases the mail is moved to the Recycle Bin of your mail server. So you could try logging in on your mail account with a browser and navigate to the Recycle Bin there. There is no guarantee that it will still be there, but it is worth trying.

In any case, there is no Recycle Bin in the Messages app of the Playbook itself.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
New Contributor

The emails had been on my PB for about a week, usually I leave them on until I get them on my PC, which removes them from my server, (I have my own domain on a host) Then delete from PB. (I tend to keep all emails except advertising etc, having been self employed for quite some time.)

Unfortunately, I was rebuilding my PC. I had been offline with PB a lot, but they were still there, so thought, they must have been stored somewhere on PB. I was hoping might have still been in the folder where stored, where ever that is, qnx like linux has a lot of folders and sub folders and sub folders. 

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

That could indeed be the case. But I have no idea where that could be, and seen from the point of view of BlackBerry, they probably encrypted those files. I hope you can find a solution to your problem.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

The Playbook email app is not an email client, it is a syncronising app . That is nothing more than a remote access to your webmail. Nothing is permanently "stored" on there and if a mail is deleted from webmail by the PC client then they will no longer appear on Playbook after syncronising.

You have a default 7 day message sync timeframe on Playbook which means any messages on your webmail account less than 7 days old are shown on Playbook. As soon as they get older than 7 days they drop off playbook's email app. So there is no need to delete any emails from Playbook. If however you do delete them from Playbook they are deleted from the webmail, which may or may not be what you want.  As stated in the solution to get it back you need to get onto the webmail trash can to get them back. It's why I never delete any emails from Playbook unless they are spam.

You can vary the 7 days up or down in settings.  

If you use an email client on your PC then the settings on there determine whether the mails are deleted from the webmail never, or immediately, or after a time period.   The Playbook app will reflect that withi the sync timeframe.

I have emails sent from PB over a month ago still on, not on server. So is send different

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Certainly should not happen with pop such as hotmail. Send should be a sync of your sent mail in web.. If you have enterprise exchange accounts it may be different.  There were also some imap accounts that behaved that way but recent os updates were supposed to drop them.

If you delete and add back the account the old stuff should disappear,  assuming that's what you want.  even changing from 7 to 3 days message timeframe should resync them off the playbook.