Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550; PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: TATA DOCOMO

Re: Update 2.1.0.1314 is released

I am using Micro-USB Wall charger that came with my PlayBook purchase.

All the while it was working without any issues. Also, I am sure that the PlayBook does not have any issues, including hardware, because it is able to detect the USB charger and USB data cable well. 

I do not have access to Magnetic Charger. It's not available in India yet. I 

I bought PB in June, 2012. It is still under warranty. I am not sure, if they cover under warranty. Also, before going to warranty, I would want to try out all the troubleshooting possible. One last thing, I would want to try is to do factory reset. I'll do that in few hours and post the result.

-Sundar
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

sundaraaa wrote:

One last thing, I would want to try is to do factory reset. I'll do that in few hours and post the result.

Before you do that, try a different charger, a friend with a PlayBook or something if you can.

I know you're saying the hardware is working ok be cause you can see the charging symbol on the battery... however, obviously something is not working correctly. Could be hardware. Could be the charger EVEN though you see it recognizes it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Noticed an icon for Video Store. Anyone access and use that feature?

TallNFunny wrote:

Yes, it's been there in the past updates, not sure why you might have just now gotten it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

JSanders wrote:

TallNFunny wrote:

Yes, it's been there in the past updates, not sure why you might have just now gotten it.

I was too skeptical to download the last upgrade. Apparently for nothing.

New Contributor

sundaraaa wrote:

One last thing, I would want to try is to do factory reset. I'll do that in few hours and post the result.

Before you do that, try a different charger, a friend with a PlayBook or something if you can.

I know you're saying the hardware is working ok be cause you can see the charging symbol on the battery... however, obviously something is not working correctly. Could be hardware. Could be the charger EVEN though you see it recognizes it.

The charger is working with my Android Phone. I also tried with my charger that came up with my Andorid phone (micro-USB 5V 1A). Not working.

-Sundar

[ Edited ]

Perhaps it's time you performed the debricking process. Hopefully that'll knock it into charging.

You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

Perhaps it's time you performed the debricking process. Hopefully that'll knock it into charging.

You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.

I have tried to "debrick" as you have mentioned. But no luck. Still the same. During debricking process, i lost about 11% of battery charge and now it is at 11% but refusing to charge, but with lightning bolt displayed across battery.

I have called up customer care, since my PlayBook is still in warranty (6 months old). Since I have never registered after purchase, the customer support contact extended the 90 day complementary support starting today till March 2013. Since I am in India, I'll have to contact India support with this ticket number. I'll do it by Monday, as weekends are holidays. Hope they could resolve.

-Sundar

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Playbook Tablet (32Gb)
My Carrier: BT infiniti for home use with homehub3

Seems to have fixed my BlackBerry bridge problem too. Way to go bb!