Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Passport, Playbook 16 gig, 32gig, 64gig,
My Carrier: MTS,

Re: Update 2.1.0.1314 is released

Anybody who has the 4G LTE got  a 1314 update to PB yet?  Got my 1088 update but  Rogers hasn't pushed the 1314. yet.

Guess its a wait wait situation. My standard  WiFi Playbooks are all updated so no problem there.

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

If you can't find a friend with a PlayBook, maybe you can take it to the place you bought the unit or one which sells PlayBooks. They may be kind enough to try to charge you PB up with another charger. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Update 2.1.0.1314 is released - broken Android apps

So, after updating none of my android apps work. These are mostly apps from the BB App Store, but some were sideloaded, too. None work. Selecting an app does nothing, and selecting it again opens the Android player, at which point the Playbook freezes.

Do not tellme to reinstall the OS or do a wipe - It is rediculous to expect users to wipe/reinstall the OS every other month. I no longer put anything important on my PB (which defeats the purpose of having one), because I know it will have to be wiped/reinstalled regularly.

It confounds me that BB is incapable of releasing a stable product so close to the actual release of BB10. 

On a side note, the software version right before 2.1.0.1314 was in fact the only version I've ever had that gave me no problems at all. It was the only version that had a flawless android player, where my calander opened without giving an error and where my device never spontaneously restarted. Can I have it back, please???

My Device: playbook tablet 2.1.0.1314
My Carrier: 02

My son has received a blackberry playbook 2.1.0.1314. it says update available which i've clicked to do. It runs through the whole process step 1 and step 2 but then says unable to update. can anyone advise me on what the problem could be please? it is plugged in to power source. I'd really appreciate any suggestions. It's doing my head in!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Any specific error message?  

You have three options, Try later and if necessary ignore the invitation to update.

Second option is use the USB with Blackberry Desktop Software to update the OS.

Final option is "debrick" which is a forced USB reformat and update, for which come back here for instructions. 

Wifi is usually the least complicated option, but sometimes intervention is required.

My Device: playbook tablet 2.1.0.1314
My Carrier: 02

no error msg given. there's no other options given. literally says unable to update and gives restart as an option. when restarted says update available options update now or standby as options. click update now. goes through update process and returns to unable to update! help!
Contributor
My Device: Playbook Tablet (32Gb)
My Carrier: BT infiniti for home use with homehub3

I haven't had the problem at all. All the apps I have downloaded still run fine. Just a thought... Is there an option you need to re-enable?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: MTN

I can't imagine there is - It had the stock OS on, and was update over wifi by their official update channel.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Aitchy-93933 wrote:
no error msg given. there's no other options given. literally says unable to update and gives restart as an option. when restarted says update available options update now or standby as options. click update now. goes through update process and returns to unable to update! help!

Quite. The two other options have to be sought out by you, they are not offered by the system.

Go to the blackberry site and download Blackberry Desktop Software. If you are on Windows I think it's about version 7.2. Install it. Connect Playbook with the provided USB cable (Careful of the delicate micro USB socket on Playbook). When connected see if there is an update uption offered on there.   It will take longer but it replaces the whole OS so if you have photos or anything you need to backup, do that first.

If that fails come back and ask about de-bricking.

My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I've been getting that same response as above for 3 days now.  It goes through the update process and then I only get a message that says it was unable to update and the only option is to restart.  When you restart the same thing happens all over again.  Looks like I need the "unbrick" options.