Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16gb
My Carrier: BT

Re: Update 2.1.0.1314 is released

It is not noticeably slow but it is still checkerboarding.

Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

How fast is your WiFi connection?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Passport, Playbook 16 gig, 32gig, 64gig,
My Carrier: MTS,

From what I heard from Blackberry, the release is not out yet for the 4G LTE. Their email says to keep checking. I still have a ticket with them regarding this and have sent them a follow up. People who spend that kind of money ($600.00), on a tablet should expect a quicker response. I am not a happy camper. And no , there is no other way to get the update. You have to get it from the ISP, who gets it from BB and pushes it to your 4G LTE.
Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: tigo

Hi to everyone, since last update I've notice that my playbook gets hotter than usually, this never happened before the update, any suggestions? . About browser experience sometimes it crashes and i havd to restart the browser. On android applications the only difference is that takes more time to initialize.  

Recommendation: i would like to see on bb10 for playbook and smartphone the option to order contacts in agenda by its source, this because not all my Facebook contact are my followers on twitter or my email contact and i would like to take apart.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16gb
My Carrier: BT

I've no idea

Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

febegaia wrote:

Hi to everyone, since last update I've notice that my playbook gets hotter than usually, this never happened before the update, any suggestions? . About browser experience sometimes it crashes and i havd to restart the browser. On android applications the only difference is that takes more time to initialize.  

Recommendation: i would like to see on bb10 for playbook and smartphone the option to order contacts in agenda by its source, this because not all my Facebook contact are my followers on twitter or my email contact and i would like to take apart.

Delete all your email accounts, ande facebook etc if you have them.

Delete all your wifi networks from saved networks.

Reconnect to your router using the password

Add the accounts back using simple integration where possible , i.e. Emsil address and password only, no advanced settings. 

Thatvshould stop any excessive polling sometimes experienced after an upgrade to OS

@W_Archer,

I received an email from Blackberry confirming that the 2.1.0.1314 was actually handed to the ISP's (Rogers, Telus, Bell etc.)  BB would not give me a date citing confidentiality and propprietary reasons. QUOTE: "Rogers has yet to do Carrier Technical Acceptance, I would be apt to say that it's at a much higher level, i.e.Carrier Lab Testing, most likely.  I can confirm that it was delivered to them, same as all other carriers, but until they do Technical Acceptance in their labs, it will not be released to the 4G."

I spoke to Rogers and got the same runaround as before, first of all having the fellow I spoke to saying they do not support the Playbook, then when I explained that I had already been that route before and that he should let me talk to someone higher up on the food chain he checked and found that the latest update was given to them on November 23, which I believe would be the 1088 update. He couldn't tell me if they got the version 1314. He told me he didn't know who to talk to to get more info, (no surprise as he didn'y even know about the push they provide)

I have sent another email to BB requesting that someone look into their relationship with the ISP's and find a way we could get the updates from BB.

Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Any info on how unlocked SIM bearing Playbooks (4G, 3G+) get upgrades? 

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

TexTucker wrote:

Any info on how unlocked SIM bearing Playbooks (4G, 3G+) get upgrades? 

When they get around to it, is the best I can tell.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

@TexTucker

Had my 4G LTE unlocked as I didn't want to hook up with Rogers where I bought it. Hooked it to Bell and then MTS, the internet worked fine, but no updates. So I had to go back to where I bought it from, Rogers. I did get the 1088 update immediately upon hook up to Rogers as they now push it, but they are sitting on the 1314 update. Maybe if we raise a big enough stink to RIM they may devise a way for us to get the updates from them. The ISP's who sell these 4G LTE playbooks don't put us buyers on their priority list. Blackberry did tell me that these 4G LTE are proprietary so that means you have to sign up for 4G LTE through the ISP you bought them from if you want a push for the latest OS.

If you don't want updates, any ISP will do who has 4G,

Hope that helps.