Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Update 2.1.0.1314 is released

See this post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Errorr/td-p/2053645  but he may be having same problem as you. Could be a server problem.  Anyway de-brick is there too.

My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Update 2.1.0.1314 is released - broken Android apps

jakkas wrote:

It confounds me that BB is incapable of releasing a stable product so close to the actual release of BB10.

I do not see both events being related :

• a minor upgrade of the PlayBookOS 2.1
  • the official release of BlackBerry 10

because there are managed by two seperate teams.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Veteran I

jakkas wrote:

So, after updating none of my android apps work..

Do not tellme to reinstall the OS or do a wipe - It is rediculous to expect users to wipe/reinstall the OS every other month. ...

It confounds me that BB is incapable of releasing a stable product so close to the actual release of BB10. 

... the software version right before 2.1.0.1314 .....Can I have it back, please???

None? Well all mine work, so it could be your implementation.  Some android apps may not work, same as some mainstream apps don't work after an upgrade. Remove and re-sideload and try again but it's down to the developer.

If we recommend a wipe, it's for good reason.  Its a tablet not a PC, stuff happens and it's easier to wipe than fix.

1314 is stable for me and was only a patch for Flash and AIR, very little else. But updates sometimes go wrong, hence reinstall can be best option. If you don't want to, fine.

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Agreed, jarviser, and I'd also suggest first deleting and re-loading one of those sideloaded Android Apps just to see if it works... or not.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16gb
My Carrier: BT

The playbook browser is now jerky and the checkerboard is ever present, even with flash and java turned off. And we should not gave to turn stuff off to make a basic bit of kit work. And I can't read comments btl with java off. Now what?
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Checkerboard?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

delete the cache & alike.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

My PB froze on me. Had to restart it. I had email, Osmond GPS and The App Store open. Actually I was working on the App Store when the PB froze. Hmmm.... This never happened to me before. 

Now all is well, still....

New Contributor
My Device: 64 Gig Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

After update2.1.0.1314, My save to homepage function has ceased to work.  How do I correct this?

Exgunn

Forums Veteran I

I presume you mean save bookmark from browser to Home Screen using the Star+ icon? Sure it's not just saving at botton of home screen and you need to scroll down?