Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780, Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Upgraded Playbook to 2.0.1.358 and can no longer sync with PC

vanawful wrote:

DJC3103 wrote:
Major_123

Attempted, and failed...the mapped network drive could not be created because the following error occurred: The network location can not be reached.

On your PB check the network settings.

1. Touch the Gear in the upper right of the screen.
  2. In the system window, on the left, select About.
  3. In the about windown change the drop down selection to Network.
  4. Note the IPv4 address assigned to the PB.
  5. Perform the same mapping function, but use the IP address instead of the device name.

Note that if the PB does not have and IP when it is plugged in via the USB then you still have an issue with the BlackBerry Device Manager.

The IPv4 address is assigned to the PB by your PC and is dynamic (ie. changes every time you connect to your PB).

Two other things to verify:

1. Are you running a firewall on your PC (software or hardware)?  If yes, you'll need to adjust the permissions to allow the PB to access the Trusted Zone.
  2. Double check your typing when mapping to PB folder.  \\MYPLAYBOOK\media   <double back-slash>Tablet Network Name<single backslash>MEDIA

Contributor
My Device: 8520, 9300, 9360 & Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: 3

Major_123

Good advice - I have added device manager (All aspects) to my exceptions list..
Managed to map to a "v" drive using \\myplaybook\Media
At the moment this has worked under the administration profile - just testing under a standard user login....

Holding fire.......
Woop Woop, cartwheels, handstands, triumphant cheer.....
Standard user also now mapped to ”v”

Thank you - I knew there was wood amongst these trees somewhere Smiley Wink

Contributor

Vanawful. .
A personal thank you for your patience and support, with an initially very irate individual...
My bad on the firewall side of things (really should have known better)
Anyway - by applying exceptions to bb executables (primarily device manager) should sort out a few other questions people's problems also...
This has (dare I say it) - has been a good learning exercise...
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Could be a stupid question, but has everyone checked to make sure the devicemanager options "Mount tablet volumes on connect" is selected?  Seems mine was not checked by default for some reason.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

groovyg wrote:

Could be a stupid question, but has everyone checked to make sure the devicemanager options "Mount tablet volumes on connect" is selected?  Seems mine was not checked by default for some reason.

Ah, now see, sometimes it just takes a fresh view to point out something that the rest of us missed. Never thought about.

Nice job pointing that out groovyg.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell

no having the same problem everyone else is having about playbook/pc after upgrade

Contributor

RachelRafuse wrote:

no having the same problem everyone else is having about playbook/pc after upgrade

Hi Rachel, you can get things working. I experienced significant frustration and annoyance with my PB after upgrade, only to establish that I need to add device manager to my firewall exceptions list. After some guidance from this forum.

Can you outline what you have attempted to do so far.... As I am confident that almost all bridges have been crossed to ease this upgrade issue.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

DJC,
Since you have been through the wringer a few times, can you do a write up of the successful steps you have taken to solve this problem. There are 9 pages of comments here and I am sure there are more people in this situation and a set of step by step instructions would be most helpful.
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Also anything relevant appearing in anyones desktop logs?

I know on XP they appear here: 

C:\Documents and Settings\[Your login name here]\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Logs

Any errors appearing when the device is connected with the desktop manager running?

Contributor

Lost_at_Sea wrote:
DJC,
Since you have been through the wringer a few times, can you do a write up of the successful steps you have taken to solve this problem. There are 9 pages of comments here and I am sure there are more people in this situation and a set of step by step instructions would be most helpful.

All.... Give me a few hours from the timestamp of this post, and I shall throw some instructions up that worked for me.

I will base this on the fact that the PB will "NOT" require security wiping, as to be honest - I really do not believe it needs to be. In addition, many of the steps will be identified as precautionary (as they worked for me) - and it will be predominantly XP biased.

Please bear with me......