Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: Virginmedia.com

Using GPS

I have had my  Blackberry Playbook for about 6 months now and am very satisfied with it, with one exception. I cannot get the GPS function to work. I have Bing Maps installed, also  GPS Mapsearch, neither of which work. The maps appear ok, and I can scroll across the map in any direction. That all works fine. However when I press the "Get My Location" button It does nothing. I have checked the security settings for GPS Mapsearch and it is set to "Allowed", but the GPS does not work.  I would be much obliged with any help in solving this problem.

Regards

Salicet

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Using GPS

Set your PlayBook outside where it can see the sky. Leave it there for 15 minutes. It will sense the satellite signals. Then try it but I don't know if it will work with the maps you have.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

The Playbook must be in site to the GPS system (sky).  It could take a number of minutes to lock up for service. It should work with the maps that come with the tablet. It works with our Playbook tablets. It is also very accurate.

Jerry G.
Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Optimum

It works for me as long as I am either outside or next to a window. It doesn't work inside a building.

@}-`-,--
Web Development and Technical Services Librarian