Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 2042989898

Using my Playbook

Can someone help me figure out how to read a book  on my Playbook , a book i downloaded from Amazon.com

Also is there any way i can Skype using my Playbook, if not when do expect to be able to use that future.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook OS 2.0.0.7971
My Carrier: Shaw

Re: Using my Playbook

You have to download a reader app. I have two different ones -one for books I own and one for books borrowed from my library.  For the books that I own, I connect my PlayBook to my computer and using the Desktop software I then drag and drop the book from the downloaded folder on my computer to the book folder on my PB.  Open the book reading app on PB and select the add a book icon and it will search for all books to add to your library.   I am not sure what file type Amazon ebooks are so I'm not sure if this will work for you but it works for most ebooks.  It took me a little playing around with my PlayBook when I first got it but now I'm just having a blast!   Hope this helps.  Good luck. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 on Verizon; Classic & 9900 on T-Mo; PlayBook 2.0

Re: Using my Playbook

Not fair!  You included two unrelated questions in your post!  Please pardon the scolding...

Re: your second question about Skype: unfortunately, Skype is not available for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Smiley Sad