Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

VIRUS?

[ Edited ]

secong time trying this... i attributed losing wifi connectiond constantly to the provider, but realized that even when i have a strong connection i lose it when i click submit/enter/a link online.  My device also freezes when online, requiring me to swipe up and close the browser.  Sometime the device just closes the browser abruptly instead of giving me the option of trying again... which appears to be unrelated to whether i have a wifi signal/connection.  I can no longer play tetris. The keyboard had been inaccessible about a week and a half ago, until i held down the power key while counting to thirty, the waiting over ten minutes to turn it back on without it being plugged in.  The current troubles started after accessing a bug-ridden app through facebook (starbucks).  I click "clear all" in my security settings frequently to get rid of cookies, etc.  Please help!  No phone right now and unsure if i qualify for support.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: VIRUS?

It cannot be a virus or trojan but as you noticed a bad app can cause problems.

Backup any important photos, documents or videos, either by desktop software or wifi drag n drop.

Then go to Settings, Security, Security Wipe and wipe the playbook.

Set up as when you first got it, but do not install any programs and do not restore any data.

Test your problem.

Then restore media data only.

Install good apps.

Don't restore settings or app data or you may restore the problem

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank you.  As soon as I have access to a desktop I'll back everything up and try the wipe.  Wish a desktop wasn't necessary to back up everything--or is it?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

A desktop is required, either automatically using desktop software, or manually using wifi sharing.

My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

qqqqqqqqqq wrote:

Thank you.  As soon as I have access to a desktop I'll back everything up and try the wipe.  Wish a desktop wasn't necessary to back up everything--or is it?

Desktop is not necessary to move files pictures, images, etc. Between your PC and your PlayBook.  There are other ways.  You can use copy and past after you are connected with the USB cable. Windows will install the driver - not sure about the Mac. Your PlayBook will show up on your PC as an external drive.  Windows cut and paste will work both ways.

You can also use a wifi connection to move files from your PB to the PC after downloading "send to pc" from BlackBerry World and "sync" from the same author to your PC. A brilliant program.

But first set you PlayBook right. Follow the instructions given above. Your apps are listed on App World. They are easy to re install from there.

Welcome to the club!