Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 4197660001

Very simple..But new to this

I have had my playbook for about a week....what an incredible device, but has a little bit of a learning curve...my most burning question right now....why can I add appoints to my Google calendar on my computer and have them appear on my Playbook, but when  I try to add events to my Google calendar on my playbook, the calendar is noted on the drop down, but seems ghosted and and will not allow me to select it....so everything seems to go into my local playbook calendar and does not go to my computer Google calendar....any suggestions or what am I doing wrong?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n-a

Re: Very simple..But new to this

Google dropped support of non-android devices using a sync service that used to make it easy for everyone. The cut-off dates were Dec 14 and Jan 30. Now for new set-ups, we have to install the calendar separately as a Caldav account but it seems to be hit or miss for many users, I'm afraid.

I'll test add a Google calendar tomorrow to see if it works on mine. I'm getting curious.