Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Very slow startup time

Hi,

Being new to the Playbook, I'm somewhat frustrated by its pedestrian startup time (twice as long as my 2004 Windows XP desktop).

I do not want to have the tablet on permanent standby, as I might only use it once a week.

Is there any way that I can adjust the settings, so that it will fire up in less than two minutes?

Or is there an app. which I can download that will give the startup clock a jolt?

Solutions: 6,377
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Very slow startup time

No, and no.

It is what it is. Sorry.

By the way:  You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Worse than that, it's a UK landline number.

Leave it on Standby on charge, or leave it right off. No other option in my opinion either.  The rapid desk charger stand (about £20) is a good option. Buy PhotoFrame Pro for £1 and use it as a picture frame while not in use. 

Very many thanks for the warning about my phone number. Guess I'll have to be patient with the startup time.

New Contributor

Thanks for your concern. Have taken the advice and have changed the "carrier" information already.