Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: att

Video Chat: bad wifi connection after OS2.0 update

Hi, I have 4 playbooks, one for myself and three for my family living oversea. I bought three playbooks for my family for video chat. It worked fine (except huge e-mail problems=another issue) until I updated to OS2.0 one month ago. I have following problems after OS2.0 1) Video chat program cannot always on to wi-fi and to receptible the incoming calls. When I know I am receiving or calling, I have to restart playbook or / disconnect wifi and connect again to establish the wi-fi connection for the Video chat. (while I am having this problem I can use internet without problem) 2) When I was in the older OS before OS2.0 it did not have this problem. Once established the wifi connection, it does not disconnect wi-fi so soon like this new OS2.0. I need help for 1) Is there any way to solve this problem? for 2) I'd rather go back to my old OS system. I searched every where for the old OS (OS1?) but I could not find it. Please let me know how to go back to the old OS system. I appreciate your help. Thank you!
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: Video Chat: bad wifi connection after OS2.0 update

2.1 is current version. 

________
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: att

Maybe I wrote the wrong version number,but I am using the NEWEST version. The older version I purchased in March was better, at least. If someone who knows how to go back to the older version please let me know.
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

You can't, not without hacking it anyway and we don't go there.

There's just over a million playbooks working fine on 2.1 so I would look elsewhere for your problem. Try reinstalling 2.1 latest vis desktop.

________