Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Video Store (Rovi Player) will not output video to HDMI

[ Edited ]

Not sure if the issue is with running OS 2.1 beta, but just tried to play movie from the video store over the HDMI for the first time. Trailers will play, but when I try to play a movie the video shows on the PB but not the TV. The audio comes through on the tv.

Anyone else try Rovi out the HDMI?

UPDATE: Tryied the same movie on another PB that is running 2.0.1. Had the same problem, so it is not related to the BETA OS. Appears a bug exist in the Rovi player.

How do we get them to fix it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Rovi will not output video to HDMI

The issue appears to be with the app developers, not the PB. I also see that all Gameloft games will play video out the HDMI, but not the audio. Not a problem for games except when you are connected to HDMI the PB will not allow you to adjust the volume. It 'assumes' the app is pumping the audio through the HDMI and has it muted locally.

NFS works perfect out the HDMI as does the PB video player. All of my movies that I've ripped and put on the PB play through the HDMI (video and audio).

My frustration is with RIM not fully testing the Rovi player before making it a 'feature' of the PB. Did RIM develop the player or Rovi? Regardless, RIM needs to drive getting it fixed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Highlighted
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Rovi will not output video to HDMI

Aug 31 and I am having the same issue.