Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: att

Video playback formats?

Please help if you know...

What all file formats can be played by the native video player on PlayBook? 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Video playback formats?

Contributor

I'm sorry... I should have expanded on that post before but In threw my back out and the pain of it makes me use short cuts.  I did read the user manual that lists the formats that this video player supports but I think I was looking to see if maybe there had been any updates lately or something because on my Playbook, the native video player is some how playing formats it doesn't claim to be able to while at the same time, it's NOT playing Mkv files when it should be.  Again though, my Playbook seems to have a mind of its own compared to what it claims to be able to do vs. what it actually does.  It's baffling.  The mkv files I have are showing up in the video player like it can read them but then it claims it doesn't support that file type.  Who knows? 

So I guess it's safe to say the updates for the OS have not included any changes that you know of for the video player, right?  If not, mine is an enigma. 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

I don't have much technical expertise, but I'm guessing that the PlayBook doesn't like the codecs used in your mkv files. Sending a video file to my PlayBook is still on my to-do list haha.
Highlighted
Contributor

Hadn't thought about that.  Video is not my forte so a lot of it works for me by pure luck alone.  Thanks!  I'll try a simple conversion and see if that works.